Friday, June 27, 2008

Getting out of the house




The Tory cuffs together at last

Dog on throne jus' cus he's cute

Checking out a great Diesel bag, annoyingly not priced


I am getting a little exasperated with Indianapolis. Look, I know it is summer and hot but could you just try a little? I went to the Frankey's opening party for their Broad Ripple location last night. My friend Ulrike wore this cool color blocked trapeze dress with killer ankle strap heels and I wore my chandelier t shirt, waaaay to tight grey pencil skirt , Tory cuffs and graffiti pumps. We were clearly overdressed right out of the gate. Oh there were a some good outfits,a puffy sleeve cashmere(?) sweater babydoll dress, a few Tory Burch-ish print shift dresses, lots of funky eyewear but also bra strap showing tank tops, jean shorts and, swear to God, a swimsuit with cover-up. Sigh.


Frankey's new location is tiny and white. Lots of white. Casually styled clothing, median priced around $100. Some boho brands like Free People, cute dresses with matching headbands and Diesel. The wild card was Victoria Beckham jeans and neon (i am not kidding) zippered leggings. Little bit of mens, a lot of yawn Ed Hardy. Small selection of jewelry, most made of natural looking horn pieces and some enameled strawberry stuff. Johnathan Adler candles which I am surprised at, don't they have their own Frankey's brand? They should, this store smells the same as their other one. I did observe a huge line for the dressing room but not many in line buying. Hmmm, maybe they will come back later when not so crowded??? I did not see anything I had to have, a bad sign, but I promise I will not give up and vow to return for a more in depth and un-appetizer encumbered shopping.