Friday, July 18, 2008

AVANT






Maybe I'm over 20 years of mall fashion, but I have been really attracted to avant garde kind of stuff lately. You know, things like 3 sleeve sweaters and cloven toe boots. I was really inspired by the IMA's Breaking the Mode show and tried to get some of said Martin Margiela shos on ebay for a whole week before I realized how big they would make my feet look. Some of it is just silly, like the Ann Demeulemeester's "no sleeve top" for $600, in a prison uniform color no less. I do love this Alexander McQueen fuzzy leather dress, a steal at $737.40, but the problem with buying online and weird cut clothing is the inability to try one combined with the no return policy and I just can't go there since I am a huge returner about 75% of what I buy (Unworn! I swear!)If you would like a $600 piece of fabric you can get this stuff at www.aloharag.com and sometimes Frankeys in Nora has these brands, too