Saturday, March 24, 2012

Save the world

I drank the kool-aid today and bought some TOMS in grey canvas (which are canvas espadrilles made by a company who promises to send a pair for free to a country in need for every pair sold. GROUP HUG) I need a casual summer shoe and ballet flats are too formal and flip flops are just gross. If I need to wash my feet when I take them off, that is footwear that needs to go away. I blame Fox for this in a round about way. I bought him some Nantucket Red canvas pants www.nantucketreds.com to spruce up his spring wardrobe. The chalky coral color is a surprising neutral and since they have been around in preppy land since the 1940's, I think that pretty much gets them into the CLASSIC category. Immediately, footwear becomes a problem. His Doc sandals are way too aggressive and well, you know how I feel about flip flops. Traditionally, the boat shoe has been automatic but I think an upgrade of a moccasin or a espadrille is in order and quite frankly the TOMS are the best of both of these worlds. so, yeah, I'm in.