Monday, March 5, 2012

I know you love her so.....

I met the delightful custom jewelry designer Carla Morrison on a trip to Boulder CO, the granola hippie tree hugger capital of the world. But a lovely downtown with bacon maple cupcakes to be sure. She had just completed my sister's engagement ring, a simple but well sourced princess cut sapphire with a thick frame on white gold. A ring that was hidden in a Thanksgiving dinner pumpkin mousse that I had to force her to eat so she would find it. www.carlamorrisson.com My point of the story is this: that ring, a 5 week research project, locally grown and lovingly creatd with an eye on shared history is worth more to her then the traditional behemouth from the First One. There are several lovely designers in Indy too, take your time and search them out. Believe me, she will notice.