Sunday, November 4, 2012

Ten Year Anniversary

FOUND Magazine takes the art of recycling and turns it into the epitome of the human condition. The RothBart brothers started collecting found ephemera (paper stuff to you n me) such as to do lists, free form notes to self and quick dashes to near and dear, and compiling it with commentary in a yearly mag and now blog. I met the bros at a performance at Service Center Art Gallery on 38th St in an old JCPenney car place on Saturday.  The show was by turns hilarious and moving and I was thrilled when they read my 'What I did today" note. (sorry it is rated PG13 so no repeat) Anyhoo, it is a charming look at randomness and is completely inspiring in its future short story essay compilation. I was dressed slightly like a Pinky Tuscadero Finishing School escapee with J Crew leopard cardi, Hudson red skinnies, vintage 'script glasses, Gucci G bag and enormous hair